LIGHTWEIGHT CURRENT COLLECTORS FOR TROLEYBUSSES (LTS)
The new lightweight pole-head assembly of current collector for trolleybuses consists of the following:
- lightweight composite pole that due to its elastic properties damps mechanical shock and compensates the thrust applied to the collector head,
- compact head ensuring good quality contact with the overhead lines.
Lightweight pole-head assembly has the following advantages:
- the maximum vehicle speed can be increased,
- significantly minimizes the risk of de-wiring,
- cuts down the noise when negotiating line equipment,
- considerably reduces the wear of carbon inserts and all load bearing parts of current collector.